Who We Serve
Long-term client relationships are essential to the success of our business. We are as careful about accepting new clients as you should be in selecting an advisor.
At Berno Financial Management, we find that our ideal client is, first and foremost, someone we enjoy working with. We also want to work with clients who strive to be good family stewards; they are people who want to manage their finances successfully to provide for themselves, their families and, if they wish, charities.
Our clients, regardless of their stage of life, value a close personal relationship with our client service team. They share traditional values of the importance of family, honesty and integrity. They seek to maximize their existing financial resources and do not succumb to get-rich-quick schemes or exotic strategies. We work with individuals and families who want to be financially secure, successful and responsible. Our clients retain our services because they do not have the time, expertise or desire to manage their personal finances on their own.
Our client base is diverse and includes retirees, corporate executives (including Procter & Gamble employees and retirees), business owners, self-employed professionals, IT professionals, and physicians. All of our clients want to become more educated about their finances so that they can manage the wealth they’ve already accumulated and achieve the level of investment returns they need to meet their long-term goals.
Our typical client is a young accumulator ranging from age 35 to 55 with a minimum annual income of $100,000, or in the pre-retirement or early retirement stage of life with an investable portfolio of $1,000,000 to $5,000,000.
Client Profile: 12/31/2016
A summary of BFMI clients by net worth, portfolio value, age, tenure and profession. Download as a pdf.
Investment Portfolio Market Values
(Under BFMI management)2
(Number of years with BFMI)
- Reflects about 75% of Personal Wealth Management Service client base. Remaining 25% are excluded due to limited service agreement.
- 29% of portfolios under $500,000 are younger, accumulating clients.
- 5% of clients are retirement plans or family trusts and therefore do not have any age.